16 Aug A guide to finding the right commercial cleaning company
Throughout this guide we will be advising on the best ways to source a commercial cleaning depending on your needs, along with outlining regular cleaning services and tasks that should be undertaken. We will be focusing on office cleaning along with related areas.
Identifying regular commercial cleaning tasks
In order to ensure that office cleaning duties are undertaken to their fullest extent, ECS recommend breaking the tasks down into daily, weekly and monthly checklists. Each task on the checklist can then be assigned to an appointed cleaning representative.
Daily cleaning tasks
Daily cleaning tasks should take place in areas with high footfall, including reception areas, staff areas, work space areas and corridors. Below is an example of some of the cleaning tasks that should be included:
- Emptying waste bins and disposing of waste responsibly.
- Sweeping and mopping all hard floor and also tiled flooring areas.
- Wiping down glass areas (such as windows and desks) with appropriate products.
- Wipe down hard surfaces with a damp cloth.
- Wipe down and sanitise door handles and door plates. These areas are known to harbour a great amount of germs and bacteria due to the number of people interacting with them.
- Cleaning electronic devices such as phones and keyboards.
- Cleaning and sanitising bathrooms, including wiping down walls, floor, and cleaning fixtures. Also include refilling soap dispensers.
- Wipe down walls.
Weekly cleaning tasks
Weekly commercial cleaning tasks should include procedures that allow for a deeper level of sanitisation. Below is an example of some of the cleaning tasks that should be included within a weekly cleaning task list:
- Emptying refrigerators and cupboards of any food that has been left.
- Emptying bins, including commercial bins.
- Clean windows with squeegee.
- Polish and buff all surfaces.
Monthly cleaning tasks
Some of the monthly cleaning tasks typically include items that are not considered as urgent. Below is an example of some of the tasks that should be included on your monthly cleaning checklist:
- Dusting high-level surfaces, including shelves, tops of doors, ceiling fixtures.
- Vacuuming carpets and air vents.
- Professional cleaning of carpets. For more information of carpet cleaning surfaces that ECS can supply, please click on the following link: https://ecscommercialcleaning.co.uk/carpet-cleaning/
Floor cleaning information
As floors can differ greatly, different types of products and equipment are required for different types of floors in order to apply the appropriate treatment. At ECS, we use only eco-friendly, approved floor cleaning products. This means that not only will the surface of your floors look clean and sparkling, but our practices will also improve the longevity of your floors. In addition, we can also advise on making your floors slip-resistant to ensure the safety of your staff and visitors.
When office cleaning is concerned, there are many types of flooring materials used throughout commercial spaces. A popular choice for these environments is vinyl flooring, due to being cost effective, easy to install, and easy to clean. One issue that we commonly face however is the fact that vinyl flooring is often not sealed or protected once it has been installed. This means that harmful bacteria can easily harbour between joins, and these areas can become harder to clean. In addition, unsealed/protected vinyl flooring will also be subject to wearing.
Window cleaning is often overlooked, which is a shame as it is an effective way to keep your commercial premises look clean and sparling when your staff and clients arrive. When a visitor arrives to your premises, the first thing that they will see is the outside of your building. A poorly maintained property with unclean windows is likely to reflect negatively on your business. Regular window cleaning demonstrates a commitment to your organisation and will also shine a positive light on your business operations. In relation to staff, keeping clean windows will not only make your staff feel more comfortable in their working environment, but it is also proven to aid in improving mental health.
Why employ the services of a professional commercial cleaning company?
An alternative to undertaking cleaning tasks in-house, here at ECS we naturally recommend that you employ the services of a professional London commercial cleaning company such as ECS. As a company we are proud of our reputation, and are fully accredited by a number of respected organisations, including the CSSA (https://www.cssa-uk.co.uk/). Contact ECS today to discuss your requirements, and we will be pleased to supply you with a free non-obligation quote. Click on the following link to contact us: https://ecscommercialcleaning.co.uk/contact/